What a great time of year to head off to the Carribbean. Whitt and I love to travel and on New Years Day Whitt decided that for his birthday in March he wanted to take a cruise. We found a great price to the Eastern Carribbean. We called our great friends and travel buddies and they said they would go with us. With the cold weather and much snow we anxiously awaited for March to arrive. Whitt had two very busy weeks before we left. One week was his Blue and Gold banquet for cub scouts and the 2nd was his Parent Conferences. He made it through both and on the 6th of March we headed off to Mesquite to meet Larry and MaryLynn since we were flying
out of Las Vegas early Saturday morning.
Friday the 6th of March started out as a pretty cloudy day but by the time Whitt got home from school around 2:00 it was starting to snow. We planned to leave by 3:00 and we were out of the house right on time. This picture was taken outside with the snowing falling. You can't really tell that it is snowing but it was. We were more than ready to find some sunshine and warmth.

We arrived in Fort Lauderdale, Fl around 4 p.m. We took a shuttle bus to our hotel the Marriot Spring Suites. We rested for a while then headed out to find something to eat.

The "Moonlite Dinner" was the place of choice and it was pretty busy so we thought that was a good sign that the food might be good. We were not dissapointed it was great and we enjoyed it.

Sunday morning we slept till around 9:30 or 10:00 then got ready to take to shuttle to Port Everglade where we would board the ship "Crown Princess". This is our first cruise on the Princess Cruise lines and I was interested to see how it measured up to Royal Caribbeen.

This is just for journal sake. Showing the date as March 8, 2009. Whitt's 59th birthday. We can't believe that he is 59. How did that ever happen? We are already thinking what will we do for the big 60. He and Larry will both be turning 60 this next year and we are planning something fun. We have many ideas in the making. We will keep you posted as to the plan.

The beautiful "Crown Princess" Ship

Whitt with the guy carving these beautiful designs on watermellon and other fruits

Welcome to Princes Cays

"two man, two women" paddle boat
5 comments:
Fun Mom...way to be on top of your blog...I was excited to see a new post! I forgot to ask you how you liked Princess...I know we totally loved it! Looks like so much fun...can't wait to see the rest...I am assuming there is more? I really think it is high time we go cruising as a family...or at least the girls. Glad you had fun and even more glad that you are back...Love ya!!!
Yay for a new post from Mama Shan! Looks like fun! Happy Bday Whit!
4 months later, she is alive! Good work mom. I love the pics, and was SO jealous the whole time you were gone!
I want more pics I have to live vicarously through your fun trips!!!!!
Whit is 59!!!??? Oh my heck! He is almost 60. That is crazy. Almost 60 years old in a ALMOST 40 years old body! lol. Tell him I said that!
Post a Comment