Monday, March 23, 2009

Scrapbook Expo March 21-22 2009

I can't believe I actually went but I did and I had such a great time. It brought back all the fun memories I have had of scrap booking with my girls. Since we had just got back from our Cruise I figured I could at least try to put some pages together with my new pictures. It has been 5-6 years since I have scrapped a thing so needless to say my supplies are buried deep somewhere. I bought a new scrap book on the cruise that is one made for Princess Cruises so I had that. I ordered my pictures from Costco and picked them up on Thursday night. I had Alesha climb under my stairs to see if she could find me some adhesive and maybe my cutter. She found that so I went to the expo with a couple of dozen pictures, a book, my cutter a pair of scissors and some scrapbook paper from the cruise and some adhesive. That was it. I bet I was the one carrying the least amount of stuff. They have many vendors so you could get everything you needed if you just brought your pictures. I did a couple of layouts with the paper I had and some ribbon and buttons from Lynae, then I saw this vendor who had really cute cruise layout pages so I bought them. I started putting them together and realized I did need a few more things so I found what I needed and bought that too. I had worked early that morning 6 a.m. so by 10 I was starting to get tired. I decided that I would pack up and leave by 11.

Back row: Shannon Swenson, Jen Lovell, Shannon Lovell, Lynae Christensen, Lisa,
middle row: Alesha Olsen
Front Row: Tiffany, Joni, Nicole
Shannon & Tiffany

Joni, Nicole and Mindy


Jen & Lynae

Saturday morning I went to work early again 6 a.m. and I decided that I would only work until 9:30. I left and I made it out to Sandy before all the girls. Alesha's aunt (Phil's Aunt Angie) saved us 8 tables in a great location and we scrapped from 10-6. It was such a fun day. I even won a prize a Chizzel-it what ever that is. I guess I'll figure it out one of these days. I plan to keep scrapping. I really enjoyed myself and I'm planning on the fall expo Sept. 11-12. Hope some of the rest of you will join us. We were the ones with all the great FOOD.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun post mom...that was seriously so much fun...can't wait to see you again today!!! Thanks for coming with us and I am glad you had enough fun to want to go again!!! Love ya!

Alesha said...

Good job taking pics there! I totally forgot to this time around, even though I totally had my camera. I am glad you came, and you had a fun time! Now we can all scrap together!

Giron Family said...

Yikes Shannon you've been blogging a lot! I'm behind! I've been slacking on catching up lately.
The expo looks like lots of fun. It's good it got you scrapping again. I miss the old days of scrapping at your house. Now I need to get motivated!