Friday, September 4, 2009

The Morningside Ward Relief Society Presidency

This is a bitter sweet moment. We have had such a great time as a presidency I just didn't want to see it come to an end. Little did I know that for me the journey was just beginning. This photo was taken on Wed. Aug. 26, 2009. We were having our usual presidency meeting and I thought I had better take my camera since we had not taken a picture of this presidency. I feel bad we didn't get one with the other sisters Linda and I served with. They were Lynne Hill and Angela Brimhall.

Shannon Lovell, Lynette Rasmussen, Julie Henriksen, and Linda Bruinsholtz
Bishop Lago came to our meeting around 7:30 and visited with us. Then he informed us that we would be getting released on Sunday the 30th. He then told Linda that the new president would be calling her that evening. All in all it was a bit acquired but I managed to hold it all together. We visited with Bobby Ingram that evening as her father had passed away. She is a sweetheart and gives so much to all of us. We just wanted her to know of our love and support for her. Upon arriving home I called Linda and she said "You are the new President". Yes I am much to my surprise. I really am nervous for this calling but I am also willing to serve the Lord and the sisters of the Morningside Ward. I can truely say I love each one of them. I don't know them all real well but I do have a great love for them. I am so greatful for my new counselors Linda Clawson and Lynette Rasmussen and also for Alesha accepting to be my secretary. My sister told me I needed a great secretary and that is exactly what I got. The next few years will be full of growing experiences for me. They have already started. I am not usually a morning person but my biological clock is awaking me around 4:30-5 each morning. Maybe it is telling me that I need to study, pray and read and that is the best time. In the evening I am just to shot from the days activity so maybe mornings and I will become good friends. I sure hope so if I have to wake up that early.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo Mom...you are going to be so Awesome! Can't wait for Expo...love ya!

Alesha said...

Oh mom you are just so cute. You are already doing fabulous! LOVE YOU!