Saturday, March 22, 2008

FUN IN THE SUN IN MEXICO

On Saturday March 8th, Whitt's birthday, we drove to Mesquite, Nv. to meet up with our friends Larry and Mary Lynn Morris to go on our cruise to Mexico. Mary Lynn's father's birthday is on the 9th so her family was all there to celebrate his 91st birthday. We usually celebrate Whitt's and Francis's birthdays because we try to go to Mesquite over Whitt's birthday every year. A chance to get some SUN. Daylight savings time changed on Sunday morning so we got up early to drive to Las Vegas to catch our flight to Los Angeles. Early meaning 4 am. We arrived to Los Angeles then waited for the bus to take us to the port. Mary Lynn and her twin were celebrating their 55th birthdays and her brother and his wife were celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary so they had planned this cruise and we just joined in. We arrived at the port and checked in. We only had to wait about 30 minutes before we could board the ship. The Ship " Vision of the Seas" is a beautiful ship. We have been on four cruises and three times we have gone on this ship. We had to wait until after 1 p.m. to go to our state rooms so we went to the windjammer Cafe to eat. Wow what a feast, every kind of food you can imagine and lots of desserts. The best was a tart with some kind of custard and fresh fruit. If I had known that they wouldn't have it again the whole cruise I would have had TWO!!



Our staterooms were on the 7th floor and had a balacony. Whitt spent the afternoon napping on the couch and I unpacked our luggage. At 4:30 they have a mandatory muster drill which is the equivalant to a fire drill but it is a drill incase of an emergency to evacute the ship. Everyone has to put on their life vest and proceed to their assigned muster station. There they give instructions on what to do incase of an emergency.



The ship sent sail at 5:00 p.m and we were on our way to a beautiful 7 days. The highlight of the trip for me was Whitt and I took ballroom dance classes each day the ship was not in a port. We like to dance and we arn't bad but we wanted to learn some technique. The couple teaching the class were from Alabama and they were great. We learned waltz, swing, cha cha, and fox traut.
The Sherri Cafaro trio played each night on the Champagne Terrace and they gave us great music to try out our new steps. It really was a lot of fun.

4 comments:

Alesha said...

MOM I didnt know you did classes there? That is so fun and SO cute! I am totally jealous, I want to go on a cruise! Did you get a tan? haha

Gina said...

Hey Shan! We have been on that cruise too! So fun! I am glad you got to escape to warmer weather! We are making our blog private tomorrow so send me an email to gina_ut@hotmail.com so I can send you an official invite. Thanks!

K Lovell said...

Looks like fun. We are glad you had a good time and made it home safe. Thanks for taking Lucy to Price I am sure she is having a great time.

Tayna said...

Shannon- how fun for you! I am so jealous. My husband would rather die than be caught on a dance floor so I'm jealous about that too.:) You guys look like you were having a blast, (except for the pic. with you and the iguana he he :))