Well I thought I ought to write a few of my feelings as this next week will mark our 15th grandchild. I look back on it and just wonder how did all of this happen. It has all come from two people falling in love almost 40 years ago.
This year marks my 40 year graduation from high school and now here I am going to have 15 grandchildren. I always thought I would be lucky if I got 10. I am really excited to see little mr Pierce Olsen. Alesha's boys were such carbon copies of each other for a while. It will be fun to see what he looks like and to see his little personality. I am happy she is having a boy so our little Rhett will have a cousin his own age. That seems to be really important for our family. I am so glad that Ky and Jen's boys have been such good cousins to Henry. Hen is 4 years younger that Zach and Eli but they have all been so good to include him in all the things they do. They really enjoy having him around and He thinks it is great as well.
Our girl population has been pretty even. With Lucy as the #1 granddaughter she is only a year and a half older than Whitters but they will only be a year apart in school so that has been great for them. Frank came next and Koen is exactly a year behind him and they are great friends as well. Claire and Libby fit it there and along came Lydia. She is a year and a half younger than Libby so that makes a friend for her. The girls love her and want to carry her around like a baby.
Whitt and I are so proud of our children and Grandchildren. They have each one brought us so much joy and happiness. Each time we pray we just have to give thanks for such good children. They have each married wonderful mates that we love so very much. All of our children get along with each other and their mates and we have such a good time together. I am proud of my grandchildren they are each facing life and its challenges. They all are wonderful young men and young boys and girls. We enjoy all of the time we get to spend with them and all of the time we get to go to their activities. We look forward to continuing this journey that we started 40 years ago when we started dating. Who knew that 40 years later life could possibly be this good.
I don't really know of a better time in life. I have enjoyed each stage for different reasons, but I really feel right now is perfect. We are all enjoying good health, we get to spend time with our family on a regular basis and we are all enjoying the blessings of the gospel.
Our Father in Heaven has really blessed us. We look forward to the future with hope and faith that we may continue this journey as long as possible. I am very glad I married my best friend and that we are able to spend these Golden Years together watching our family raise their families in the gospel and in this great country that we love. We are keeping busy working, serving in our church callings, and when ever possible taking an occasional trip. We both love to travel and see this beautiful world and the many great people in it. We love to spend time with extended family and friends reminiscing about the "Olden Days' namely our youth and younger years. We enjoy meeting our friends children and their children and also all of our extended family and their grandchildren.
This years has been filled with wonderful blessings and wonderful memories that I will cherish forever.
2 comments:
It is crazy how far you have come! What a cool thing to look back on!
Wow what a great post about your awesomely awesome family! You two are truly blessed as are we all to be part of such a wonderful family...not to mention our parents must have had something to do with it all!!! Good job!
Post a Comment