Sunday, June 12, 2011

baby Pierce 2 week old update

Nana Chris with baby Pierce June 10th 2011
BABY PIERCE WITH HIS EYES OPEN





GRANDPA AND GRANDMA LOVELL WITH PIERCE


On Tuesday June 7th they ran an MRI on baby Pierce, the MRI came back normal and we were so happy for that. They had to sedate him to do the MRI and because of that they had to reintubate him. We thought he would only be on the vent a few hours but he was on the vent more like 24 hours.


I spoke with Alesha around 10:30 on Wed. I was at work and was planning on going to the hospital to see him when I got off at 2:00. When I spoke with her she informed me that he was still on the vent and that he wasn't doing very good. Needless to say, I wasn't doing very well myself with that news so I left work at 11:00 and went straight to the hospital. When I got there Alesha was just coming back and I went in with her and Phil came out. We visited about what was going on and the nurse was very good to answer some of our questions. The respitory therpist came in and we asked him questions as well.


Phil wanted to be there when the drs. came in for rounds so as soon as they came I went out and sent him in. The dr. told the nurses to start reducing his vent and get him ready to go off of it in 1-2 hours. They removed the vent and he is doing good.


Thursday Whitt and I had planned to go on a trip but we decided that we would wait and go at a different time.

We decided to spend our weekend on a stay-cation and started with a visit to see baby Pierce. The above pictures were taken then. We also stayed at the Anniversary Inn in the Carriage Room and we went to see the movie 17 Miracles it was great and we had a great evening.


On Friday we went back to the hospital to see Pierce, nana Chris was there with him so I just visited with Chris while she held him. After the nurses did his "cares" change, temp, and feed. I got to hold him. We stayed for about and hour and just enjoyed him. He was really a sleepy boy that morning. We saw a few tries at opening his eyes but her really just wanted to sleep.










No comments: