Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Just Have the Cutiest Grandkids,or One Proud Grandma

I was going through some pictures and I just have to share my cute grandkids. First there is Dillian who we call Bob. You may wonder why we call him "Bob" when he was little I always called him Dill-Bob then Ky married Jen and she had a Dylan so over time it just got shortened to Bob. He is a fun guy and I believe he really likes the girls. He has since he was little. He also loves to hangout with Auntie Alesha. They have been buds from the very start.


Next we have Dylan Grant or "Grantie" as well call him. Grantie is really growing into a man. The other day he came over and he has a good start on a mustache. He also is very musical. He plays several instruments and some of them are self taught like the piano. We love to get Grantie to talk because he is so quiet most of the time we just love it when he opens up and just talks. Yes he is hanging upside down on Jeff and Kirst's swingset I just thought this was soooo cute of him.








Here we have Lucy "Lu" that is what I call her. She is really Lucille Ane named after her great grandmother Lucille and her mom. She is such a joy we all love her. She is as sweet as they come and she is a lot of fun. She likes to Irish Dance and is very good at it. She also is a great student she hasn't been to elementary school yet just preschool but she can spell difficulty. How many of you could spell that? She even goes so far as to teach Whitley (4) and Claire (2) how to spell it. Maybe she will be a teacher like her papa Whitt and grandma Karen. This picture was taken when she went with me to Price to see Lynae, Bryan and girls. She loved the baby goats but she didn't really want hold one. But isn't this picture adorable!

Henry, Henry what can we say about him. He is a little firecracker. Of all our grandkids Henry is probably the most like papa Whitt. He is small in stature but he loves to talk. Can't imagine where he gets that from. Like grandpa like grandson. He too is a smart little guy. He started talking very young and would use these great big words and even put them in the right context. He is a great student at school and even got an award from his school for being such a great student. We were privileged to have Jeff and Kirstie live with us in our apartment when they had Henry so we got to see him most everyday for the first 2 years of his life. He would climb the stairs clear up to the upstairs and I'd ask him "does your mom know where you are?" and he always said yes. I don't know that she really did but he loved to come visit all the time. He and I were Jazz buddies we watched the games together in my king size bed it was funny how he liked to watch at such a young age. We are so proud of you Henry.




Little "Claire Bear" this little one is a moma's girl. She is getting better as she gets older but boy she wants her mom most of the time. Claire is a climber, she climbs on everything which means she also falls off of everything. You can't leave her alone for very long or she will be at the top of something or other. She is a pretty happy little girl and she is learning to talk well. I always think that she is really going to talk to me on the phone because she says hello grandma so well. Then she just kind of sits there and doesn't really say much but she is always wanting to kiss and hug the phone when I tell her good bye. This picture of her is at Halloween. We went to a halloween party and as soon as she had her candy she just sat in the middle of the parking lot and started eating it.


Then there is "Whitters" Whitley Lynae Christensen that is a pretty long name for this little fireball but let me tell you she can talk your arm and leg off. She has been talking for such a long time we often forget that she is only 4. Whitley is a morning person it doesn't matter what time she goes to bed, around 6-6:30 she is awake and when she is awake everyone else has to be awake too. She also loves to sit on anyone and everyone's lap. She wants to be right where you are and on the lap is better that just beside ya. Whitley looks very much like her dad. She even has this little scowl that she has done since she was just tiny and sometimes Bryan does it too. Aunt Jen was the one that started call her "Whitters" and we have all picked it up. She is very loving and she says just what comes to her mind. Like one day I was getting ready for church and pulling up my nylons and she said "you sure are fat". She didn't mean it rude she was just stating the truth in her eyes. I got a good laugh out of it and I guess from the mouths of babes you get the truth. I still love her a ton.


Well I am still trying to figure out how to post and write and I am missing some of the kids picture so I will make another post for the ones I am missing. So look forward to part two of ONE PROUD GRANDMA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun post mom...can't wait for part two. Great Idea. I loved reading about all the kids and seeing their cute faces.

Alesha said...

We do have some pretty cute kids in our fam! I sure love Bob, it makes me feel special that he likes me so much. Whitters and her lip..she is a crack up!