Tuesday, June 10, 2008

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO LYNAE

My first daughter Lynae, Well hopefully this won't be too cheesy but I wanted to give a shout out to Lynae on her 28th birthday. I am late as usual but I still wanted to do this. Lynae was born on memorial day Monday
May 26th 1980. She was a surprise being a girl but a very welcome one. I wanted a girl very bad after 2 boys. She had lots of dark hair and the cutest little nose. We had picked Lynae out for a girls name many years before she was born. We didn't tell anyone the name so no one could use it before us. She was welcomed home by two older brothers. Jeff had been the baby for almost 4 years and he did very well with a new baby around the house. This was probably because that summer Whitt took the summer off and didn't work a summer job and we had all summer with our kids which was great. It was a totally different story when Whitt went back to school in Sept. Jeff was very jealous if I left him with a sitter and took Lynae with me. That is a whole different story I may tell on Jeff's birthday.

It was so fun to have a little girl to dress up and play with. I was so excited to have a girl. She was my little playmate as we moved to England when she was one and the boys both went to school all day. Being in England I really didn't have a lot to do so we spent lots of time together. She has always been a daddy's girl and she loved to have him play with her and throw her up and swing her around. When she was only 3 or 4 Whitt was swinging her around and pulled her arm out of the socket. That was a little hairy. Now days they would probably call that abuse.
Lynae was the tallest girl all through her elementary years. When we would go to school they couldn't believe that Whitt was her dad as he is so short. We aren't sure just where her height comes from. Lynae has always loved to have fun and she has always had many friends. She has had many fun trips and experience with all those friends. Her cousin Kinder came out to Utah to go to college and they have been the best of friends. They were roommates at Dixie College and they really did everything that they could think of to have fun. This was a very memeorable time for both of them and they are still BCF (best cousins forever)they even had their 1st babies on the same day 1 minute apart.
Lynae married Bryan on the 9th of November 2002 they had a very interesting courtship as Bryan moved to England 1 month after they started to date. They had an e-mail relationship which was probably really good because they really got to know each other over the computer. Bryan was gone for 6 months but Lynae took her dad's advice and went to England to see him for a week before he came home. Bryan is so much like her dad it didn't surprise me at all that she fell for him.
They have welcomed three beautiful little girls to their family and they live in Cleveland Utah. They just built a great home which Alesha and I would both build one just like it if we could. They did alot of it themselves and they can be very proud. It will be a great home to raise their family in and also a great place to entertain all of us when we go to visit. Lynae dad and I both love you very much and we are so proud of you and the accomplishments that you have made through your life. The best one being a great wife and mother and a fantastic daughter. Hope the next year is full of joy and happiness. We love ya.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mom, that was very sweet... I love you guys too...I miss my Mom and Dad Waa Waa!!!

There were a few random pics in there some I had never seen before.

Thanks for being so thoughful!

Brady and Britton said...

I love Nae! Happy Belated Birthday!!

Giron Family said...

That was so sweet Shannon. Nae is one special girl! I'm glad I was included in her life recap. College wouldn't have been the funnest time in my life if it were for her! You are right, we are "BCF". You raised a amazing woman!

Alesha said...

Mom you have been very busy! Awe sissy...so cute arent you! What a nice tribute to a nice girl!