Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me



Nothing like posting a Happy Birthday to yourself but I had such a great day I wanted to share it and I also wanted this as a journal entry.
My sister Lieu and her husband Doug were here to visit their kids and so for my birthday she wanted to have me go with them to lunch. She later called and said why don't you just come to Kinder's, her daughter, and we will pick up mother and just have lunch here. Lieu had fixed somethings I really like fresh fruit, green salad with avacados, 7 layer dip and chips. It was the perfect lunch for a hot July day. Kinder got home from work and joined us and we all had a great time eating and visiting.

As you can see we really did relax

We have four generations of "Lieuwen's" in our family Kinder Lieuwen, Sharon Lieuwen, Alta Lieuwen and Madison Lieuwen

Jeff, Ky, Jen, Eli and Dylan met Whitt and I at Joe Morley's for dinner and we did enjoy that as well. But who knows why I just didn't get a picture. The whole day was great and my family did treat me well. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU. We are going to keep celebrating as Ky & Jen, Whitt and I are going to INDIANA BONES at the Desert Star on Thursday July 17.

My co-workers took me to dinner the next night and we had a fun time eating and visiting

Blair Jones, myself, Jan Brown and Kathy Wells

I had a great birthday I just can't believe I am 55. 54 didn't seem so old but 55 just seems like I'm almost 60. I remember when my dad's oldest sister turned 60 and I just thought she was ancient. But the 50's have been some of my favorite years. I hope they will continue to be.

5 comments:

Alesha said...

YA mom! You little cutie! You look so cute in the pic with your co-workers! Glad you had a fun b-day! I sure love you!

Jamie Neva Morris said...

Shannon, I love your cute blog. I totally need some bloging lessons. We sure miss you guys. Hopefully we will see you soon. At least now I can keep up with you on your blog. We need to get Mama Mary going with a blog. Love ya, Tell Whitt the same.

Anonymous said...

Mom look at all your comments. You silly! I just love you and I love hanging out with you and Dad...the weekend has been a blast so far...with lots more fun to come. Your post to yourself is adorable...I think it was a great Idea! I am also glad that your birthday was a memorable one. You are not old you are just perfectly you no matter what the age!

Karen and Guy Standing said...

This is a little late but happy b-day Shannon. It sounds like a fun day. We thought of you while we were celebrating the Tims' b-days.

Giron Family said...

So glad I got to spend your birthday with you and have you as an honorary guest at my house! It was fun. Here's to you being 55 and lovin' it!