Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Big Remodel

The new floor

Jeff sanding off the old cabinets

Whitt priming the bathroom



Kirst giving the old cabinets a new fresh look




Ky's ready to put on the door pulls




Jenn is master door and drawer puter together




I can paint and OF COURSE supervise!!!

Well we are finally getting some things done on our cabin. We picked out new cabinets last summer and here we are finally getting them put in this summer. So many decisions to make when remodelling. What color of paint, what kind of flooring, what kind of cabinets and counter top. These have been part of the stall along with the $$$$$.


In June we decided to get serious about putting the cabin in working order. We had our contractor put in a new subfloor last year and the Ky, Jen and the boys had gone up and put the cabinet together. On the 30th of June I met Kraig Lundeberg at the cabin to have him measure for the floor vinyl. Ky, Jen Whitt and I had picked out a pattern that we liked and he was going to give us a bid on the vinly and the installation. About a week later he gave us the bid and we said go ahead and order it.

We went up about 2 weeks later and got things ready. We had to move all of the junk from the living room and kitchen to the bedroom so the installer could come up and install the floor. We went up on July 29th and you can imagine our joy at the new flooring. This just got us so excited to get other things going. Ky & Jen made arrangements for her dad Rob to help us with the install of the kitchen cabinets and so we went up on July 31st to start the job. That day we got all of the upper cabinets put into place. That same day Paul on contractor and his friend Cory came to the cabin to see what we wanted in the way of doors and moldings. We gave them our list and now that is on its was too. On the following Tuesday we went up and Jen and I painted the bedroom. We are getting new closet doors as well as a new bedroom door. All of this has to be done before we can have the carpet installed.

On Wednesday Aug. 4 Jen went up and primmed all of the sheetrock above the cabinets. We have gone about all of this a little backwards and we should have painted before the cabinets but we really are seeing some progress. On Thursday Jen and I went up and painted above the cabinets and put a 2nd coat on the bedroom. Whitt and Ky went scouting for moose as Whitt drew out for the hunt this year and they will be going hunting in Sept. Dylan came up and made a fire, we roasted some marshmellos but everything else we had up there was pretty old.


On Saturday everyone came up Jeff, Kirst, and kids, Ky and Jen and Dad & I. I had to work so I drove up later. When I got there they were all very busy. Jeff and Kirst had decided to paint the south wall of cabinets, that we weren't replacing, with a nice coat of white. Imagine my surprise all I could think of was I didn't really want another project. But before the day was over we were all moving on a fast pace. Kirst had the white cabinets all painted. Ky & dad had installed all of the base cabinets and Jen was busy putting on doors and drawers. Ky & I did the door pulls and Paul was busy putting in sheet rock in the bathroom. We were anxious to get the bathroom painted so we could have the plumber come up in hook all of the bath fixtures up so we can finally have running water. By the time we finished on Saturday evening we were all very excited and happy about what we had accomplished.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is looking so great mom...It is going to be so so nice! Whitley was asking me questions about it today! She is always concerned about who owns it and when we are going to be able to go there!

Tayna said...

This is so exciting Shannon! It looks awesome, you'll have to post a pic when you get it all put back together.