
Sunday June 5th 2011. After church today Whitt and I drove up to the hospital to see our sweet baby Pierce. Whitt had not seen him since the night he was born. What a joyful surprise we saw as we walked into the cubicle space that has been home to Pierce for the past 11 days, Alesha was holding him. It was so good to see the little man being held by his sweet mother. Whitt went out as only 2 visitors can be in with the baby. Alesha and I enjoyed a good visit while I enjoyed seeing her hold her new born son. This has been a very hard time for both Phil and Alesha and their other boys. Seems like they are always on the run to the hospital. They have been very conscience of making sure Koen and Brigs don't feel too left out.On Monday they decided that they needed to do an MRI on baby Pierce. They are concerned about his movement or lack of movement. They brought the boys over to my house and they stayed here with me until their folks came home later in the afternoon. They didn't do the MRI today but will try again tomorrow.
On Tuesday Phil went to work so dad went out to stay with the boys while they went to the hospital in the eveing. Earlier in the day the hospital called to say they were going to do the MRI around 2:45 p.m. Alesha called about 2 hrs later to let me know that they had done the MRI but wouldn't have results until later or even tomorrow. Around 6:30 she texted me to say that the MRI was normal. We are very happy about that.
I went to sleep before Whitt got home from their house so I hadn't heard anything about the baby. The last I had heard was that they had to intubate him for the MRI but that they would probably remove the tube in a couple of hours.
Wednesday morning I went into work early 6:00 a.m. I was anxious to hear about Pierce but had to wait until the Olsens were awake. Around 10:00 I called Alesha and she said that Pierce still has the tube in and that Nana, Phil's grandmother, had been up to see baby Pierce this morning and she was pretty discouraged with him still having the intubation tube in. All of this just got me thinking the worst so I decided to leave work and go to the hospital myself to see this sweet little boy. When I arrived Alesha was just coming back from pumping and she went back and told Phil I was there so he came out and I went in. The respiratory therapist came in and we talked about how Pierce was doing. He told us that he just was not breathing on his own that the intubation tube was doing all the work. They were waiting for him to do more breathing himself.
The doctors came to do their rounds so I left and went to get Phil so he could be there to ask any questions and hear what they had to say. When they came out they said that the Dr. said "this little boy was breathing on his own yesterday, he can do it again. So they were preparing to remove the tube in a couple of hours. I have not heard anything since.
1 comment:
Leash is lucky to have all of you keeping a good journal for her! It is so crazy I am sure that it is hard to even think about writing all of that stuff down...so way to go mom!
Post a Comment